Citrus jelly with almond crunch
Jelly isn’t just for kids
份量 4 persons, 準備時間: 45 minutes,
- 6 white gelatine leaves
- 16 tangerines
- 1 lime
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 100 g almond shavings
- - jelly mould or bowl (500 ml)
- - baking tray covered with baking parchment
- - food processor with citrus press accessory
- Soak the gelatine in plenty of cold water. Peel 4 tangerines, break into segments and cut away the white skins with a sharp knife. Collect the juice. Place the citrus press accessory in the food processor. Press the rest of the tangerines and the lemon with the citrus press accessory and sieve the juice. Pour the citrus juice in a heavy-bottomed pan, add the sugar and bring to a boil. Let the sugar dissolve while stirring, then take the pan off the heat.
- Squeeze all the water out of the gelatine and, stirring, dissolve the gelatine in the hot citrus liquid. Place the pan in a bowl of ice cold water and leave to cool until the juice becomes jelly-like. Carefully spoon the tangerine segments and mint leaves through the jelly.
- Rinse the jelly mould with cold water and pour in the jelly. Put the mould in the fridge and leave to set for 2-3 hours. Pre-heat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Beat the egg white with the honey, then spoon in the almond shavings. Thinly spread the almond mixture on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden. Leave to cool, then break into chunky pieces.
- Dip the bottom of the jelly mould in hot water for a few seconds, then flip and release the jelly from the mould. Cut the jelly into four attractive pieces and place on dessert plates. Garnish with the almond crunch and dust with icing sugar.
- 45 minutes preparation time + 2-3 hours in the fridge