Fiery chili pepper chutney
份量 1 persons, 準備時間: 110 minutes, 料理時間 75 minutes
- 8 red peppers
- 10 fresh red chillies
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 gram soft brown sugar
- 100 millilitre balsamic vinegar
- Start by sterilising your jar (or jars). Preheat your oven to 140°C. Wash your jam jars, lids and rubber seals in hot soapy water and rinse in warm water. Let the jars drip dry, place them on a baking tray and pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the peppers and chillies in a large roasting tray with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When you remove the sterilised jars from the oven, turn the heat up to maximum (240°C). Once hot enough, add the tray of peppers and chillies to cook for 40 minutes, or until the skins have blackened. Using tongs, carefully transfer the peppers and chillies to a large bowl, cover it with cling film and leave to steam for about 20 minutes
- Carefully peel all the peppers and chillies – you can wear plastic gloves to protect your hands if you like. Pull out the stalks and remove the seeds, then finely chop it all and put aside.
- Make sure the stirrer attachment is in place in the HomeCooker pan, then set the temperature to 175°C. Once the pan has heated up, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil along with the onion, ginger, rosemary and bay leaves, cloves and cinnamon. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and set the timer for 15 minutes, so the onions get golden and sticky.
- When the time’s up, reduce the temperature to 130°C, add the peppers, chillies, sugar and vinegar. Set the timer for a further 60 minutes to reduce everything down to a thick, sticky chutney.
- Once it’s done, remove the cinnamon stick, bay leaves and cloves. Spoon the chutney into jars and store them in a cool dark place. Delicious with roast meats, strong cheese or sausages.